Dr. Yitian (Sky) Liang received his MS in Statistics from University of British Columbia (UBC) in 2011, and Ph.D in Business Administration (Marketing) from UBC in 2017. His research interests are Big Data Marketing, Online Video Games, Movie, Digital Advertising, Charity, Government Subsidy, Sleep Deprivation. He has published in Journal of Marketing Research and Management Science.
1. Ping Xiao, Ruli Xiao, Yitian (Sky) Liang, Xinlei (Jack) Chen, Wei Lu (2019). The Effect of the Government's Subsidy Program: Accessibility Beyond Affordability. Management Science (Accepted)
2. Tak Huang, Yitian (Sky) Liang, Charles Weinberg, Gerald Gorn (2019). The Sleepy Consumer and Variety Seeking. Journal of Marketing Research, 56(2): 179-196, Lead Article.
3. Jason Ho, Yitian (Sky) Liang, Charles Weinberg, Jing Yan (2018). An Empirical Study of Uniform and Differential Pricing in the Movie Theatrical Market, Journal of Marketing Research, 55(3): 414-431. (Equal Contribution)
1. Yitian (Sky) Liang, Xinlei (Jack) Chen, Charles Weinberg, Xiaohua Zeng, Cheng Zhang. Economic Design in the Virtual World: The Fee Structure in the Player-to-Player (P2P) Trading Market in Online Video Games. (Under review at Management Science)
2. Shaohui Wu, Yong Tan, Yubo Chen, Yitian (Sky) Liang. How Is Mobile User Behavior Different? — A Hidden Markov Model of Mobile Application Usage Dynamics. (Revise & Resubmit at Information Systems Research)
3. Yitian (Sky) Liang, Xinlei (Jack) Chen, Yuxin Chen, Ping Xiao. Ad Fraud Under the Vertical Contract Structure.