Dr. CHEN Jin is a professor of Department of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Strategy in Tsinghua SEM. He received his Bachelor in chemical process control in the Department of Chemical Engineering from Zhejiang University in 1989; and Ph.D. in Management Engineering in the Department of Management also from Zhejiang University in 1994. Dr. CHEN Jin went to MIT Sloan School of Management in 1998 as a visiting scholar. In 2000, he went to SPRU of Sussex University as a visiting fellow. Dr. CHEN Jin has been awarded Special Government Allowance from the State Council of China, and the Huo Yingdong Youth Teacher Prize and the Third “Young university teachers award” from the Ministry of Education of China. He awarded the Outstanding Youth Fund in 2002 by National Science Foundation of China. In 2009, he was selected for the China’s National Talents Project. In 2014, Professor Chen Jin was honored as a distinguished professor of Chang Jiang scholars, and actually he is the first Chang Jiang scholar in the field of China’s technological innovation management. Dr CHEN worked as the Executive Vice Dean of the Undergraduate School and the Chu Kechen Honors College before joined Tsinghua SEM. His research and teaching mainly focuses on management of technological innovation.
Dr. CHEN Jin is a member of the Education Committee of CAE (the Chinese Academy of Engineering), the member of the division of management science in council for technology and science of Minister of Education, and vice chairman of the Chinese Association for Science of Science and S&T Policy. He serves as the chief editor of “Journal of Knowledge-based Innovation in China” and “Review of Evolutionary Economics and Economics of Innovation” and “International Journal of Innovation Studies”, the associate chief editor of “International Journal of Technology Marketing”, “Journal of Knowledge Management Studies”, “Journal of Foresight and Innovation Policy” and “Journal of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management” and Executive Associate Editor of “Chinese Journal of Engineering Design”. Dr. CHEN Jin also serves as the member of editor committee of “International Journal of Technology Management”(SSCI Journal), “Science: Journal of Zhejiang University”(SCI Journal), “International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management”, “International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development” and “Journal of Chinese Culture and Management”, and the guest editor of “International Journal of Manpower”(2004). He is the member of editor committee of “Studies in Science of Science”, “Science Research Management”, “Journal of Systems Engineering”, “Systems Engineering-Theory & Practice”, “R&D Management”, “Journal of Management”, “Technology Economics”, “Science & Technology Progress and Policy” and “ Science and Technology Management Research”.
1. Magee Christopher L,Leong Pey Kin,Jin Chen;et al.Beyond R&D: What Design adds to a Modern Research University[J].INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING EDUCATION，2012：397-406.
2. Wang, Y., Roijakkers, N., Vanhaverbeke, W., & Chen, J.. How Chinese firms employ open innovation to strengthen their innovative performance. International Journal of Technology Management, 2012，59(3/4): 235-254.
3. Hao Jiao,Yu Cui,Yunxia Zhu and Jin Chen，Building entrepreneurs’ innovativeness through knowledge management: the mediating effect of entrepreneurial alertness，Technology Analysis & Strategic Management,2013.
4.Wang, Y., Pan, X., Chen, Y., &Gu, X. Do references in transferred patent documents signal learning opportunities for the receiving firms? Scientometrics, 2013，75(2): 732-751.
5.Wang, Y., Huang, J., Chen, Y., Pan, X., & Chen, J. Have Chinese universities embraced their third mission? New insight from a business perspective. Scientometrics, 2013. 97(2): 207-222.
6.Wang, Y., Li-Ying, J., Chen, J., & Lu, Z. Technology Licensing in China. Science and Public Policy, 2014. DOI:10.1093/scipol/scu037.
7.Wang, Y., Ning, L., & Chen, J. Product diversification through licensing: Empirical evidence from Chinese firms. European Management Journal, 2014.32(2): 577-586.
8.Wang, F., Chen, J., Wang, Y., Lutao, N., &Vanhaverbeke, W. The effect of R&D novelty and openness decision on firms' catch-up performance: Empirical evidence from China. Technovation, 2014.34(1): 21-30.
9.Wang, Y., Pan, X., Wang, X., Ning, L., Chen, J., & Qin, Y. Visualizing knowledge space: A case study of Chinese licensed technology, 2000-2012. Scientometrics, 2014.，98(3): 1935-1954.
10. Jin Chen, Xiaoting Zhao, Yuandi Wang. A new measurement of intellectual capital and its impact on innovation performance in an open innovation paradigm[J]. International Journal of Technology Management, 2015,67(1):1-25.(
11.Yuandi Wang, Xin Pan, Lutao Ning, Jian Li , Jin Chen. Technology exchange patterns in China: An analysis of regional data[J]. Journal of Technology Transfer, 2015,40(2):252-272.
12. Wang Y, Li-Ying J, Chen J, Lu Z. Technology Licensing in China[J]. Science and Public Policy, 2015,42(3):293-299.
13. Huang S, Chen J, Wang Y*, Ning L, Dylan S. Zhou Z,Zhou Y. External heterogeneity and its impact on open innovation performance[J]. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 2015,27(2):182-197.
14. Hao Jiao, Chen J. Critical review of On Competition, Updated and Expanded Edition by Michael E. Porter[J].Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Technological Forecasting and Social Change (Impact Factor: 1.71). 03/2015; 92. DOI: 10.1016/j.techfore.2014.10.005
15. Hao Jiao, Koo Chun Kwong, Yu Cui, and Chen J. 2015. Who are More Sensitive to Procedural Fairness? The Impact of an Innovation Implementation Approach, Employees’ Status Concerns and Need for Control. Technological Analysis & Strategic Management. Vol. 27 No. 6. pp. 709-721.
16. Wang Fangrui, Fu Xiaolan, Chen J. Differential Forms of Technological Change and Catch-Up: Evidence from China[J]. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, 11, ，DOI: 10.1142/S0219877014500138 2015.
17. Jin Chen,Shufang Huang,Qingrui Xu.Firm Innovation Systemd:Perspectives of Researchs on State-owned Key Enterprises[J].Frontiers of Engineering Management.DOI:10.15302/J-FEM-2015017.
18. Hang Wu, Jin Chen, Yang Liu. The impact of OFDI on firm’s innovation in an emerging country. International Journal of Technology Management.
1. Research on the Impacts Mechanism between the Heterogeneity of External Innovation Factors and Performance of Innovation, Client Name: National Natural Science Foundation of China
2. Research on Focuses of Strategic Innovation Driven and Construction of the Innovation-oriented during “China’s 13th Five-year Plan”, Client Name: Development Planning Department of National Development and Reform Commission
3. Current Situation Analysis and System Design for Transformation of Science and Technology Achievements of China’s Universities, Client Name: Ministry of Education
4. Research on Strategy and Countermeasures for the Innovation-oriented Country Building under an Open-up Circumstance, Client Name: Ministry of Education
5. Research on Policies System in Favor of Innovation Driven during China’s 13th Five-year Plan, Client Name: Development Planning Department of Ministry of S&T
6. Comprehensive Evaluation Index Research of China’s Innovation Oriented Enterprises, Client Name: Economic Daily
7. Technology Commissioned Development Contract for the Innovation Management Project, Client Name: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
8. Innovation Oriented Enterprise Construction of CSR Sifang Co., Ltd. Client Name: CSR Sifang Co., Ltd.
9. Research on Technology Innovation Strategy with Chinese Characteristics, Client Name: Research Institute of Tsinghua University
10. Suggestion and Measures on Research Innovation Management of Military Enterprises, Client Name: First Research Institute of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation
11. Strategic Research on the Development of Global Value Chain and the Innovation driven Development in China, Client Name: National Planning Office of philosophy and Social Sciences