Department of Economics
School of Economics and Management
Phone : (86) 10-62797610
Office: Room 525, Weilun Building
Office Hour: Monday, 8:00-11:00 am (by email appointment)
Professor Feng DONG earned his B.A. in Management from School of Information Resources Management at Renmin University of China in 2006, M.A. in Economics from China Center for Economic Research (CCER, now National School of Development) at Peking University in 2009, and Ph.D. in Economics from Washington University in St. Louis in 2014.
His Personal Website: fengdongecon.weebly.com
His research interests mainly consists of Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, Production and Financial Networks, and Chinese Economy.
Editorial service: associate editor of Economic Modelling (SSCI) since September 2019.
Referee service: B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, Canadian Journal of Economics, China Economic Review, Economic Modelling, Economic Theory, European Economic Review, International Review of Economics & Finance, Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of Macroeconomics, Macroeconomic Dynamics, Review of Economic Design, Review of Economic Dynamics, Singapore Economic Review, 经济学季刊，中国工业经济
Research Interest: Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, Production and Financial Networks, Chinese Economy.
Personal Website: https://fengdongecon.weebly.com/
Publications in English
1. Asset Bubbles and Monetary Policy, with Jianjun Miao (Boston University) and Pengfei Wang (Peking University and HKUST), Review of Economic Dynamics, forthcoming;
2. Adverse Selection and Self-Fulfilling Business Cycles, with Jess Benhabib (New York University) and Pengfei Wang (HKUST), Journal of Monetary Economics, 2018, Volume 94, pp.114-130;
3. Long and Plosser Meet Bewley and Lucas: Monetary Policy in Production Networks, with Yi Wen (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis), Journal of Monetary Economics, 2019, Volume 102, pp.70-92;
4. Cycles of Credit Expansion and Misallocation: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, with Zhiwei Xu (Shanghai Jiao Tong University), Journal of Economic Theory, 2020, Vol. 186;
5. The Perils of Credit Booms, with Jianjun Miao (Boston University) and Pengfei Wang (HKUST), Economic Theory, 2018, Volume 66, Issue 4, pp.819–861;
6. Credit Search and Credit Cycles, with Pengfei Wang (Peking University and HKUST) and Yi Wen (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis), Economic Theory, 2016, Volume 61, Issue 2, pp.215–239;
7. A Model of Secular Migration from Centralized to Decentralized Trade, with Zhifeng Cai (Rutgers University), Economic Theory, forthcoming;
8. A Search-Based Model of Capital Reallocation, with Pengfei Wang (Peking University and HKUST) and Yi Wen (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis), European Economic Review, forthcoming;
Working Papers in English under R&R
1. Aggregate Implications of Financial Frictions for Unemployment, R&R;
2. Flight to What: Dissecting Liquidity Shortage in the Financial Crisis, with Yi Wen (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis), R&R;
3. Bubbly Bitcoin, with Zhiwei Xu (Shanghai Jiao Tong University) and Yu Zhang (Peking University), R&R;
4. Economic Slowdown and Housing Dynamics in China: A Tale of Two Investments by Firms, with Yumei Guo (Central University of Finance and Economics), Yuchao Peng (Central University of Finance and Economics) and Zhiwei Xu (Shanghai Jiao Tong University), R&R;
Publications in Chinese
Working Papers in Chinese