Yong Liang obtained his Bachelor in Engineering Physics from Tsinghua University in 2005, Master in Nuclear Engineering from Purdue University in 2008, and Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from the University of California at Berkeley in 2013. He worked at Google Inc. in Mountain View, California, before joining the Tsinghua faculty.
1. Dynamic programming, stochastic optimization, and robust optimization theory and their applications in Operations Management
2. Energy economics, energy markets, and demand-side control
3. Supply chain management
1. Undergrads: Operations Management
2. Grads: Advanced Operations Research
Univ. of California, Berkeley:
1. Undergrads: Service Operations Design and Analysis
Joint Planning of Energy Storage and Transmission for Wind Energy Generation (with W. Qi, and Z-J M. Shen).Operations Research, 2015
A harmony search-based memetic optimization model for integrated production and transportation scheduling in MTO manufacturing (with Z. Guo, L. Shi, and L. Chen). Omega, 2015.
Stochastic Control for Smart Grid Users with Flexible Demand (with L. He, Z-J M. Shen, and X. Cao). IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, 4(4), 2013.
Thermostats for SmartGrid: Models, Benchmarks and Insights (with Z-J M. Shen,and D. Levine). the Energy Journal, 33(4), 2012