Please refer to the following web:
International Journal Articles（in English）
Zhang, W.* and White, S., 2016. Overcome the liability of newness: Entrepreneurial Action and the Emergence of China's Private Solar Photovoltaic Firms. Research Policy, 45(3):604-617. DOI: 10.1016/j.respol.2015.11.005.
Zhang, J., Zhang, W.*, Schwab, A., and Zhang, S.，2017. Institutional Environment and IPO Strategy: A Study of ChiNext in China. Management and Organization Review, 13(2): 399-430. (The first two authors contributed equally)
White S., Gao J. and Zhang W., 2005. Financing New Ventures in China: System Antecedents and Institutionalization. Research Policy, 34 (6): 894-913.
Tan J., Zhang W. and Xia J., 2008. Managing Risk in a Transitional Environment: An Exploratory Study of Control and Incentive Mechanisms of Venture Capital Firms in China. Journal of Small Business Management, 46 (2): 263-285.
Qian, P., Zhang, W., 2008. Rate of return on venture capital investment in China, China Economic Journal, 1(2): 155-164. (The two authors contributed equally)
Books and Book Chapters（in English）
Zhang W., Gao J., White, S & Vega, P. “Venture Capital and the Financing of China’s New Technology Firms”. Chapter 4 in Chris McNally (eds.), China’s Emergent Political Economy, Routledge Press, 2008.
White, S., Gao J., Zhang W., Financial systems, corporate investment in innovation, and venture capital：the case ofChina. Chapter7 inFinancial Systems, Corporate Investment in Innovation, and Venture Capital (Bartzokas, A. & Mani, S., editors). Edward Elgar Publishing. 2004.
Refered Domestic Journal Articles（In Chinese）
1. Shi S.D., Zhang W. *, Gao J., “Team Governance Mechanisms and Performance in New Ventures”. Journal of Management Sciences in China. 2016(5)：14-27.
2. Shi S.D., Gao J., Zhang W., “A Study on Factors that Affect the Equalization of Stock Equity Allocation among Entrepreneurial Team Members in New ventures”. Technology Economics. 2015(12): 69-75.
3. Zhao C., Zhang W., “The growth mechanism of high-tech startups through building strategic alliances with established firms”. Science Research Management. No.2, pp.97-106, 2012.
4. Zhang W., “Entrepreneurial Team and Institutional Arrangements: the Value Creating Power of Sustainable Development in Entrepreneurial Firms”. Tsinghua Management Review, No.3, pp.36-43, 2012.
5. Zhang W., “The Metabolism of Entrepreneurial Teams and the Evolution of Corporate Governance”. Tsinghua Management Review, No.4, pp.108-114, 2011.
6. Shi S.D., Zhang W., Gao J., “Improving New Venture's Performance: An Entrepreneurial Team's Perspective”. Journal of Industrial Engineering/Engineering Management. No.4, pp. 44-51, 2011
7. Zhang W., Ye Y.M., “A Study on Driving Force of Cooperation in Entrepreneurial Team of High-tech Start-ups”. Technology Economics. No.7, pp.59-64, 2012.
8. Jiang Y.F., Zhang W., “Collaboration Relationship between Startup and Venture Capital Firm and Its Influence on Collaboration Performance.” Technology Economics. No.9, pp.16-20, 2010.
9. Zhang W., Cheng J.Y., Gao J., Shi S.D., “The Development and Evaluation of University-based Science Park in China: An Example of the Zhongguancun Area”. Science Research Management. No.1, pp. 95-101, 2009.
10. Zhang W., Chen L.C., “Effects of Entrepreneur's Human Capital and Social Capital on Establishment and Development of New Ventures”. Technology Economics. No.8, pp.22-27, 2009.
11. Sun W., Gao J., Zhang W., Wang D.B., Feng G.P., “Institutional innovation for the industry -university -research institute collaboration: An integrated innovation unit”. Science Research Management. No.5, pp.69-75, 2009.
12. Zhang W., Len, Y. and Wang L., “Business Model Innovation inside Chinese Bio-Pharmaceutical Firms”, Innovation and Entrepreneurial Management. No.4, pp.83-93, 2009.
13. Qian P. and Zhang W., Returns on Venture Capital Investment and Its Determinants: An Empirical Study of domestic Venture Capital firms in China. Economic Research Journal, 2007(5): 78-90.
14. Zhang W., “The Development and Bottleneck of Returned Students’ Entrepreneurship in China: A Study Based on the Zhongguancun Area”. China Soft Science, No.8, pp.116-122, 2007.
15. Tang J., Zhang W. and Gao J., “A Study on Opportunity Identification and Decision Move of Entrepreneurs under Different Circumstances”, Studies in Science of Science，No. 2, pp.328-333, 2007.
16. Lin S., Zhang W. and Jiang Y.F., “A Review on the New Venture Growth Model”, Science Research Management, No.1, pp. 84-88,2007.
17. Lin S., Zhang W. and Gao J., “The Development Trend, Effect and Policy Suggestions of Multi-national R & D Center in Beijing Zhongguancun Area”. R & D Management. No.4, pp. 55-61, 2007.
18. Zhang W. and Gao J., “A Study on the System and Features of Entrepreneurship Education in Stanford” University. Science of Science and Management of S.&T., No.9, pp.143-147, 2006 .
19. Zhang W., “Seeking for the Strategy of Entrepreneurial Financing in China”. PKU Business Review, No. 10, pp.56-60, 2006.
20. Lin S., Zhang W., Jiang Y.F., “The Characteristics of Entrepreneurial Opportunity and the Selection of New Venture Strategy: an Exploring Study based on Entrepreneurship Cases in China”. Studies in Science of Science, No.2, pp.268-272, 2006.
21. Lin S., Zhang W., Jiang Y.F., “New Venture Strategy: Dimensions, Factors and Research Framework”, Studies in Science of Science, No.1, pp.79-84, 2006.
22. Lin S., Zhang W., “A Study on the Strategy Adjustment Patterns-Based on the Case Studies of International IT Titans”. Science and Technology Management Research, No.9, pp.28-34, 2005.
23. Lin S., Zhang W., Lin Q., “A Study on the Framework of the Assembly of Resources in Hi-Tech New Ventures”, Science of Science and Management of S.&T., No.3, pp.143-147, 2005.
24. Lin S., Jiang Y.F., Zhang W., “A Study on the Entrepreneurial Opportunity Identification: Conception, Process and Analysis Framework”, Science of Science and Management of S.&T., No.6, pp.128-132, 2005.
25. Jiang Y.F., Zhang J., Lei J.X., Zhang W., “A cross-cultural research on the construct of corporate entrepreneurship strategy”. Studies in Science of Science, No.3, pp.357-361, 2005.
26. Qu Y.J., Lin S., Zhang W., “The comparative analysis of competitive strategies in entrepreneuring corporations”. Science and Technology Management Research. No.8, pp. 79-82, 2005.
27. Lin S., Zhang W., Qiu Q., “The Discussion and Development Trends of Venture Creation Process”, Nankai Business Review, No.3, pp.47-50, 2004.
28. Lin S., Zhang W., “Incentives and Constrains of Managers – the Corporate Governance of U.S. Firms”. Management Modernization, No.9, pp.23-25, 2004.
29. Zhang N., Zhang W., Jiang Y.F. “Review of Studies on Venture Investor and Venture Entrepreneurs”. Foreign Economics and Management. No.11, pp.2-6, 2003.
30. Zhang F., Zhang W. “Entrepreneurial Education in U.S. and Its Implication to China”. Chinese Personel. No.8, pp.7-10, 2003.
31. Zhang W., Guo L.W., “The Integration of Innovation and Entrepreneurship: from the Perspective of Industrial Innovation in Silicon Valley”, China Soft Science, No.9, pp.102-106, 2003.
32. Zhang W., Jiang Y.F., Chen Y.G., “Agency Problem, Risk Sharing and Institution Arrangement in the Venture Capital Investment”, Science Research Management, No.1, pp.122-127, 2002.
Books and Book Chapters (in Chinese)
1. Zhang W., Technology Entrepreneurship. Chapter 11 in Management of Technological Innovation (3rd version), (Wu, Guisheng. & Wang, Yi, editors). Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 2012.
2. Zhang W., Technology Entrepreneurship. Chapter 11 in Management of Technological Innovation (2nd version), (Wu, Guisheng. & Wang, Yi, editors). Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 2009.
3. Jiang Y.F., Zhang W., Entrepreneurial Management (textbook for MBA and graduate students in Chinese), Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 2005.
4. Lena Ramfelt, Jonas Kjellberg and Tom Kosnic. Gear Up: Test Your Business Model Potential and Plan Your Path to Success, Zhang W. (Chief translator), Beijing: Renmin University Press, 2016.
5. Abrams, Rhonda. The Successful Business Plan: Secret & Strategies (4th Edition), Zhang W. (Chief translator), Beijing: Renmin University Press, 2005.
6. Lee, C. M., Miller, F.W., Hancock, M.G., Rowen, H. S., The Silicon Valley: a Habitat for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Press, Zhang W. is one of the key translators for the Chinese version, Beijing: People Press, 2002.
Case (in English)
Gao, J., Zhang, W. and Robert J.. The Evolution of SOHU’s Business Model. Preliminary adopted by the Case Center of Stanford Graduate School Business in 2006.
Cases (in Chinese)
1. Zhang, W. and Liu L.J., “The City of Dreams (B)”, Tsinghua Case Center, 2014.
2. Zhang, W. and Liu L.J., “The City of Dream (A)”, Tsinghua Case Center, 2013 (with Liu L.J.)
3. Zhang, W. and Qin, L., “Pleasant Sheep and Big Big Wolf”, Tsinghua Case Center, 2009
4. Zhang, W., “L Telecommunication Corporation”, Tsinghua Case Center, 2009
5. Zhang, W., Zhang X. and Zhang L., “Acewill Corporation”, Tsinghua Case Center, 2009
6. Zhang, W., “Hai Lan Xin”, Tsinghua Case Center, 2007
7. Zhang, W., “Entrepreneurial Financing of AsiaInfo Ltd.”, 2002
International Academic Conference Papers/Presentations
Wei Zhang，Steven White and Jianxi Luo. Why do some entrepreneurial pioneer firms but not others become industry cluster roots? The case of China’s solar PV industry.9th Annual Conference of the Academy of Innovation and Entrepreneurship（AIE），University of Sydney, September 1-3, 2016. (“Best paper award” of this conference)
Wei Zhang，Steven White and Jianxi Luo. Why do some entrepreneurial pioneer firms but not others become industry cluster roots? Paper presented in the symposium of "Synthesizing Institutional Analysis with Identity Work in Explaining Environment Sustainability", 2016 Academy of Management Meeting, August 5-9, Anaheim, California, USA.
Jing Zhang and Wei Zhang. Legal System and Syndication Strategy: Cross-border Venture Capital Investments in China. 2016 Academy of Management Meeting, August 5-9, Anaheim, California, USA.
Wei Zhang, Steven White and Jiguo Qi. China's VC industry: A punctuated structuration model of institutional entrepreneurship. 2016 Academy of Management Meeting, August 5-9, Anaheim, California, USA.
Wei Zhang，Steven White and Jianxi Luo. From entrepreneurial pioneer firm to cluster architect: Suntech and the emergence of china's leading solar PV cluster. International Conference on Innovation Studies (ICIS2016), June 25-26, 2016. Beijing, China
Wei Zhang，Steven White and Jianxi Luo. From pioneer venture to root firm: Suntech and the emergence of China’s leading solar PV cluster. IACMR Conference 2016, June 15-19, 2016. Hangzhou, China.
Wei Zhang, Steven White and Jiguo Qi. China's venture capital industry: A punctuated structuration model of institutional entrepreneurship. IACMR Conference 2016, June 15-19, 2016. Hangzhou, China.
Wei Zhang, Steven White and Jiguo Qi. China’s venture capital industry: A punctuated structuration model of institutional entrepreneurship. 3rd AIEA-NBER conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Univ. of Tokyo, Aug. 19-20, 2015.
Wei Zhang, Steven White. How venture capitalists foster or destroy relational rents：The entrepreneur’s perspective. 2014 Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting, Aug.1-5，2014.
Wei Zhang，Jianxi Luo and Steven White. “Global entrepreneurship and the emergence of a root firm in China’s solar PV industry”. Strategic Management Society Conference (Tel Aviv, Israel), 2014.3.9-10.
Wei Zhang，Jianxi Luo and Steven White. Global entrepreneurship and the origin of an ecosystem root firm: The case of China’s solar PV industry”. DRUID 2014 on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Organization (Copenhagen), 2014.6.16-17.
Wei Zhang, Steven White. Overcoming The “Liability Of Newness”: Entrepreneurial Action And The Emergence Of China’s Solar PV Industry. 2013 Academy Of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting, Aug. 9-13,2013.
Wei Zhang, Steven White, Yimiao Zhao. Behind The Emergence of China's Solar Industry: Entrepreneurial Legitimacy Building and Resource Mobilization. 2012 Industry Studies Conference, May 29–June 1, 2012, Pittsburgh, USA.
Wei Zhang, Steven White. Overcoming the “liability of newness”: Entrepreneurial action and the emergence of China’s solar PV industry", Industrial Co-Development (INCODE ) Conference,at Copenhagen Business School, September 24-25, 2012
Wei Zhang, Steven White and Yuming Ye. AFFECT, BEHAVIOR AND THE DYNAMICS UNDERLYING ENTREPRENEUR AND VENTURE CAPITALIST RELATIONSHIPS, 2012 Research in Entrepreneurship and Small Business （RENT）Conference at EM Lyon School of Management, 2012
Zhang W., Gao J., White, S & Vega, P.. China’s Venture Capital Industry: Transitions in Structure and Process. 2nd International Association for Chinese Management Research (IACMR) Conference. Nanjing, China, June 15-18, 2006.
Jian Zhang, Wei Zhang, Roger Chen, Gary A. Knight. Cross Cultural Validation of a Scale to Assess International Corporate Entrepreneurship. 2006 AIB (Academy of International Business) conference. Beijing, China, June 23-26, 2006.
Wei Zhang and Steven WHITE. Discretionary Cooperation in Entrepreneur-VC Relationship: A study based on the entrepreneur’s perspective. Proceeding of 2007 International Conference on Strategic Management. (ISTP)
Zhang, J., Zhang W. and P. Murphy. The Evolutionary RBV: A Longitudinal Process Study of a Chinese Entrepreneurial Venture, Paper presented in 2007 AOM (Academy Of Management) conference, 2007.
Zhang, J., Zhang W., "The Structuration View of Entrepreneurial Opportunity Development:", 2009 Academy of Management Annual Meeting , 2009.
Zhang W., Zhou N., Entrepreneurial Firm Performance: Resource Endowments from Founders and Venture Capital Firms, 4th IACMR Conference. Shanghai, June 2010.
White, S., Gao J., Zhang W., China’s venture capital industry: Institutional trajectories and system structure. Paper prepared for the International Conference on Financial Systems, Corporate Investment in Innovation and Venture Capital held in Brussels November 7-8, 2002.（Working Paper, INSEAD, 2002/122/ABA）