1. Lu, J., & Ma, X. 2008. The contingent value of local partners’ business group affiliation. Academy of Management Journal, 51(2): 295-314. (UTD24)
2. Ma, X. & Delios, A. 2010. Host country headquarters and an MNE’s subsequent within-country diversifications. Journal of International Business Studies, 41: 517-525. (UTD24)
3. Ma, X., Tong, T. W., & Fitza, M. 2013. How much does subnational region matter to foreign subsidiary performance? Evidence from Fortune Global 500 corporations’ investment in China. Journal of International Business Studies, 44(1), 66-87. (UTD24)
4. Ma, X., Delios, A., & Lau, C.M. 2013. Beijing or Shanghai? The strategic location choice of large MNEs’ host country headquarters in China. Journal of International Business Studies, 44: 953-961. (UTD24)
5. Xia, J., Ma, X., Lu, J., & Yiu, D. 2014. The outward FDI of emerging market firms: A resource dependence logic. Strategic Management Journal, 35(9): 1343-1363. (UTD24)
6. Gaur, J., Ma, X., & Ding, Z. 2018. Home country supportiveness/unfavorableness and outward foreign direct investment from China. Journal of International Business Studies, 49: 324-345. (UTD24)
7. Mudambi, R., Li, L., Ma, X., Makino, S., Qian, G., & Boschma, R. 2018. Zoom in, zoom out: Geographic scale and multinational activity. Journal of International Business Studies, 49 (8): 929-941. (UTD24)
8. Krause, R., Li, W., Ma, X., & Bruton, G. 2019. The board chair effect across countries: An institutional view. Strategic Management Journal, 40(10): 1570-1592. (UTD24)
9. Zhu, S., Ma, X., Peng, M., & Sauerwald, S. 2019. Home country institutions behind cross-border acquisition performance. Journal of Management, 45(4): 1315-1342. (FT45)
10. Luo, L., Ma, X., Shige, M., & Shinkle, G. 2020. Cluster status and new venture creation. Journal of Business Venturing, 35(5) 105985 (FT45)
11. Ahlstrom, D., Arregle, J-L., Hitt, M., Qian, G., Ma, X., & Faems, D. 2020. Managing technological, sociopolitical, and institutional change in the New Normal. Journal of Management Studies, 57(3), 411-437. (FT45)
12. Deng, Z., Ma, X., & Zhu, Z. 2021. Transactional dependence and technological upgrading in global value chains. Journal of Management Studies, forthcoming. (FT45)
1. Ma, X., Deng, Z., & Tang, Y. 2021. Relieving Status Anxiety: How Low-Status Firms Respond to International Status-Heterophilous Relationships. Journal of World Business, 56 (6), 101259 (SSCI)
2. Luo, L., Ma, X., & Wang, Z. 2020. The moderate-reputation trap: Evidence from a Chinese cross-border business-to-business e-commerce portal. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, forthcoming. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10490-020-09730-0. (SSCI)
3. Ma, X., Delios, A., & Yu, S. 2020. Innovation in MNC’S strategy and structure: the (re) emergence of host country headquarters in large emerging markets. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 37(3), 609-632. (SSCI)
4. Chung, H., Ding, Z., & Ma. X. 2019. Organizational learning and export performance of emerging market entrepreneurial firms: The roles of RBV mechanism and decision-making approach. European Journal of Marketing, 53(2): 257-278. (SSCI)
5. Xia, J., Ma, X., Tong, T., & Li, W. 2018. Network information and cross-Border M&A activities. Global Strategy Journal, 8 (2):301-323. (SSCI)
6. Lu, J., Ma, X., Taksa, L., & Wang, Y. 2017. From LLL to IOL3: Moving dragon multinationals research forward. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 34(4): 757-768. (SSCI)
7. Ma, X., & Lu, J. 2017. Business group affiliation as institutional linkages in China’s emerging economy: A focus on organizational traits and institutional conditions. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 34: 675-697. (SSCI)
8. Ma, X., Wang, P., & Li, D. 2017. What Determines the Establishment of Chinese Multinational Enterprises’ Asian Regional Headquarters? Management and Organization Review, 13(1): 85-119. (SSCI)
9. Ma, X., Ding, Z., & Yuan, L. 2016. Subnational institutions, political capital, and the internationalization of entrepreneurial firms in emerging economies. Journal of World Business, 2016 51(5):843-854. (SSCI)
10. Zhang, X., Ma, X., Wang, Y., Li, X., & Huo, D. 2016. What drives the internationalization of Chinese SMEs? The joint effects of international entrepreneurship characteristics, network ties, and firm ownership. International Business Review, 25: 522-534. (SSCI)
11. Lu, J. W., & Ma, X. 2015. Partner resource asymmetry and IJV survival. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 32: 1039-1064. (SSCI)
12. Zhang, X., Ma, X., Wang, Y., Wang, Y. 2014. How can emerging market small and medium-sized enterprises maximize internationalization benefits? The moderating effect of organizational flexibility. International Small Business Journal,32(6),667-692. (SSCI)
13. Ma, X., Yiu, D., & Zhou, N. 2014. Facing global economic crisis: Foreign sales, ownership groups, and corporate value. Journal of World Business, 49(1): 87-100. (SSCI)
14. Yiu, D., Ng, F., & Ma, X. 2013. Business group attributes and internationalization strategy in China. Asian Business & Management, 12(1): 14-36. (SSCI)
15. Ma, X., Yao, X., & Xi, Y. 2009. How do interorganizational and interpersonal networks affect a firm’s strategic adaptive capability in a transition economy? Journal of Business Research, 62(11): 1087-1095. (SSCI)
16. Ma, X., & Delios, A. 2007. A new tale of two cities: Japanese FDIs in Shanghai and Beijing, 1979-2003. International Business Review, 16 (2): 207-228. (the Best Paper Award at International Business Review 2007) (SSCI)
17. Ma, X., Yao, X., & Xi, Y. 2006. Business group affiliation and firm performance in China’s transition economy: A focus on ownership voids. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 23(4):467-483. (SSCI)
1. Zhang, X., Ma, X., & Wang, Y. 2012. Entrepreneurial orientation, social capital, and the internationalization of SMEs: Evidence from China. Thunderbird International Business Review, 54(2): 195-210. (the Best Paper Award at 4th China Goes Global Harvard Conference)
2. Wang, Y., Wang, K., & Ma, X. 2016. Understanding international business negotiation behavior: Credible commitments, dispute resolution, and the role of institutions. International Negotiation. 21(1): 165-198.
3. Delios, A. & Ma, X. 2010. Strategy and management of business groups. In Colpan, A.M., Hikino, T., & Lincoln, J.R. (eds), The Oxford Handbook of Business Groups. Oxford University Press.
4. Delios, A. & Ma, X. 2010. China is undergoing a transformation…Yet again. Ivey Business Journal, 74(1): 1-12.
5. Ma, X. 2006. Beyond transaction cost determinants: An integrated framework for export intermediary selection in emerging economies. Advances in International Marketing, 19: 25-53.
6. Ma, X., & Lu, J. 2005. The critical role of business groups in China. Ivey Business Journal, 69(5): 1-12.
1. 马旭飞，吴冰. 2017. 无依赖,不摆脱:中国企业国际化的“套路”。清华管理评论, 7/8: 65-73.
2. 刘阿祺，马旭飞. 2021. 天使投资3.0：创新驱动与生态构建。清华管理评论, 6: 6-13.
3. 马旭飞，王阳雯. 2018. 无制度,不企业。管理学季刊, 1: 31-39.
4. 马旭飞，杨慧. 2015.《互联网时代新战略全景》经济管理出版社
5. 杨慧, 马旭飞. 2015. 《互联网时代的新创客》中信出版社
1. Xu, Y., Ma, X., & Ahlstrom, D. 2020. Disentangling the Impacts of CSR in Business Groups on Value of Affiliated firms: An Extended Resource-based Perspective. Academy of International Business (AIB) Annual Conference. (Finalist, FIU/AIB Best Theory Paper.)
2. Xu, Y., & Ma, X. 2019. Group CSR reputation and value of affiliated firms: A strategy tripod perspective. Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Conference, Boston, U.S.
3. Liu, A., Ma, X. 2018. How do Global Unicorns Gain Global Legitimacy? Academy of International Business (AIB) Annual Conference, Minneapolis, MN, US
4. Liu, A., & Ma, X. 2017. CEO’s profile, institutional constraints, and restructuring initiation in state-owned firms. Strategic Management Society (SMS) Annual Meeting, Houston, U.S.
5. Wang, G., Ma, X., & Jiang, X. 2016. Entrepreneurial network ties, resource management, and new venture growth: Evidence from China’s emerging market. AIB Annual Conference, New Orleans, U.S.A.
6. Zhao, M., Ma, X., & Park, S.H. 2015. Economic-social tension of MNC expansion in emerging markets. SMS Annual Conference, Denver, U.S.
7. Gaur, A., Ma, X., & Ding, Z. 2014. Perceived Home Country Supportiveness/Unfavorableness and Emerging Market Firms’ Outward FDI. AOM Annual Conference, Philadelphia, U.S. (Finalist, IM Division GWU-CIBER Best Paper Award.)
8. Yamanoi, J., & Ma, X. 2013. The impact of foreign direct investment on local venture founding: Evidence from China. AIB Annual Meeting, Istanbul, Turkey.
9. Ma, X., Fitz, M., & Tong, T. 2012. How much does ownership type matter? Evidence from China. SMS Annual Conference, Prague, Czech.
10. Ma, X., Yiu, D., & Zhou, N. 2011. Does internationalization create value for emerging market firms during global economic crisis? The influence of ownership groups. AIB Annual Meeting, Nagoya, Japan. (Finalist of Haynez Best Paper Prize)
11. Zhang, X., Ma, X., & Wang, Y. 2010. On the internationalization of emerging market SMEs. 4th China Goes Global Conference. (Best Paper Award) Harvard University, U.S.A
12. Ma, X., & Zou, H. 2010. Knowledge exploration and exploitation, and international entry strategies of small emerging economy high-tech firms. AIB Annual Meeting, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Finalist of Haynez Best Paper Prize)
13. Ma. X. 2008. The adoption of foreign group subsidiary: An institutional multiplicity perspective. AOM Annual Meeting, Anaheim, U.S. (Finalist of Doug Nigh Award)
14. Ma, X., & Lu, J. 2006. Business group affiliation as institutional linkages: An integration of resource-based view and institutional perspective. AIB Annual Meeting, Beijing, China (Winner of the Haynes Best Paper Prize).
15. Ma, X., & Delios, A. 2006. Why do some MNEs form business group subsidiaries in a large emerging market? AAOM Meeting, Tokyo, Japan (Winner of the Best Student Paper Award).
16. Ma, X. 2006. A new typology of IJVs and its performance implications: The effects of firm size and size differences. International Association for Chinese Management Research Meeting (IACMR), Nanjing, China (Finalist of the Best Student Paper Award).
17. Lu, J., & Ma, X. 2005. The contingent value of alliance partner’s business group affiliation. AIB Annual Meeting, Quebec, Canada (Finalist of the Haynes Best Paper Prize).