1. Gao,P.，Gao,X.，and Liu，G.(2020). Government-Controlled Enterprises in Standardization in the Catching-Up Context: Case of TD-SCDMA in China. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management.(forthcoming)
2. Gao, X. (2019). Approaching the technological innovation frontier: evidence from Chinese SOEs, Industry and Innovation, 26(1),100-120.
3. Lee, K., Gao, X., and Li, X. (2017). Industrial catch-up in China: a sectoral systems of innovation perspective. Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, 10(1), 59–76.
4. Gao, X. (2014). A latecomer's strategy to promote a technology standard: The case of Datang and TD-SCDMA. Research Policy，43(3), 597-607
5. Gao, X., Gerst, M., Sun, R. 2014. Understanding MNEs' decline in the adoption of locally developed technology standard in China: A positioning and cognitive perspective. Telecommunications Policy, 38, 878–889.
6. Gao, X. (2014). The Rules Have Changed: A Case Study of Chinese Government Support of Local Technologies. Research-Technology Management, January-February，11-14.
7. Gao, X. (2013). China’s technology policy change: How effective has it been? China: An International Journal, 11(3):24-47.
8. Gao, X., Liu, J. (2012). Catching up through the development of technology standard: The case of TD-SCDMA in China. Telecommunications Policy, 36(7): 531-545.
9. Gao X. (2011). Effective Strategies to Catch Up in the Era of Globalization: Experiences of Local Chinese Telecom Equipment Firms. Research Technology Management，Jan-Feb, 42-49.
10. Gao X., Yu, J., Li, M.(2010).Developing effective strategies to address complex challenges: evidence from local high-tech firms in China. International Journal of Technology Management, 51(2/3/4), 319-341.
11. Gao, X., Zhang, P., and Liu, X. (2007).Competing with MNEs: Developing Manufacturing Capabilities or Innovation Capabilities”, Journal of Technology Transfer. 32,87-107.
12. Gao, X., Wu, Y., Li, M. （2010）。Managing complexity in the process of transforming new start-ups into well established firms in the Chinese economy context。Int. J. Business and Systems Research, 4 (5/6), 577-595.
13. Gao，X., Liu, J. Chai, H., Li, J. (2007). Overcoming “latecomer disadvantages” in small and medium-sized firms: Evidence from China, Int. J. technology and Globalization, 3(3), 364-383.
14. Fan, P., Gao, X., Watanabe, K. N. (2007). Technology strategies of innovative Chinese domestic companies. Int. J. technology and Globalization, 3(4), 344-363.